Monday, November 17, 2008

Lauren

Lauren turned two in September, and she's been driving me CRAZY ever since! :) She's beautiful and SO SMART, but man is that girl strong-willed!

- She loves to watch Dora the Explorer and Yo Gabba Gabba - these are "mine shows" in Lauren-speak. I bought her a hideous bright yellow Yo Gabba Gabba t-shirt at Walmart last week that she now loves.

- She talks. All the time. And if you don't answer her, she keeps repeating herself 'til you do. At her 2-year checkup, the doctor said that a "typical" two year old knows around 50 words; I'd put her at knowing at least several hundred. She can't say her "l"s, so her name sounds like "warren." :) Currently: where your sketti go? in the mic-wave? you gonna eat it now? my sketti spillin' on mine lap. I get it. I eat with my fingers. you usin' yours fork?

- She also loves to sing. I have a video of her singing "you are my sunshine" which I'll have to upload one of these days.

- She twists her hair around her fingers when she's tired, which has led to great big tangles, and a haircut last week. She looks very grown up now. :)

- her favorite new game is to "wessle" with her brother, who just finished a wrestling program at school and likes to practice his moves on her.

- potty training is not going so well. I thought over the summer that we'd have it done by the time she turned two, but she lost interest. She says "no wear pannees, I want a diaper!" *sigh*

- she's been hitting and pushing Oliver around, and then she says "I mean to Oliver. I sit in time-out now." And she runs to the time-out chair all by herself. Somehow I don't think this is how it's supposed to work.

No comments: