Monday, November 17, 2008

Matthew

Matthew is keeping busy with school and homework and his friends.
- He seems to have totally adjusted to wearing glasses, and he doesn't really complain about wearing them at all any more.
- He's doing better in school, but I think there's room for improvement. I'm not sure what to do about it, though - I'm usually gone (in class) when he's doing his homework in the afternoons, and we're not getting a lot of feedback from the school about his progress. I think I'm going to just relax about it and see how the rest of the year goes. I know he's a smart kid, and C's in 3rd grade really aren't going to follow him forever. He seems to understand the material, but he's having trouble staying focused more than anything. We're still having issues with him complaining about reading - not sure what's up with that. It worked GREAT when we committed to turning off the tv at 8 every night and everyone read from 8 to 9, but that only lasted...oh...a week? Maybe we'll try that again.
- I finally gave up and cleaned his room for him. I threw away two bags of trash, and put the junk in boxes. Next task, sorting the junk. He has way too much stuff.
-Nothing much else going on in his life. School, homework, and playing..that's about it.

No comments: